Saturday, July 27, 2013

Suspicion


Flash Fiction Friday (click HERE to see the other entries!)

Word Length = 356 (I went hideously over the limit and should be severely punished)
Required word = suspicion
Forbidden words = Soap, hard, officer, effigy
Bonus words (25) = Who's the sexiest cop on TV?  (I don't watch TV much...I liked Magnum P.I.  - he was pretty fricking hot in those little white shorts...and Johnny Depp in 21 Jump Street - yep - I'm aging myself - and I was completely in love with the guys from Miami Vice...do Charlie's Angels count?)
Extra Credit (25) = Confess to a crime you committed (I've run a few red lights... I speed on a pretty regular basis...and I'm sure a few things I've done in the sack are illegal in a few states)

Greg looked at his watch, glanced at the roses on the seat next to him, and smiled.

He’d been working non-stop on a homicide investigation all week and thought the flowers might be a nice surprise for Stella when she got home from work later that evening.  It wasn’t an elaborate gesture, but it would show her he was thinking about her.

He pulled into the driveway, grabbed the bouquet, and headed inside.

In the kitchen, he pulled a vase from under the sink, filled it with water, and placed the flowers inside.  He began to pen a short note, but stopped short when he heard movement above.

With his hand on his holster, he made his way up the stairs, down the hall, and into the bedroom; his gaze sifted warily over the slowly shifting lump on his side of the bed.

It didn’t take him long to put two and two together.

Disregarding the movement beneath the bedspread, he made his way silently into the bathroom.  Best to give her as little time as possible to come up with a decent lie.

He leaned against the door of the shower and watched her rinse the shampoo from her hair, white suds slithering slowly between her shoulder blades to the curve of her lower back and over her firm, round ass.

“Stella?” he said her name as a father might speak to a guilty child.

She jumped and screamed, her back to the cold tile wall.

“Fuck, Greg!  You scared the shit out me!”

“Is there something you want to tell me, Stella?”  He tipped his head toward the bedroom.

Her deer-in-the-headlights look promised an entertaining story, if nothing else.

“I didn’t know you were coming home, Greg...honestly...I would have told you if I knew...  but, you’ve been so busy lately...and...and...I...I...didn’t want to bother you at work...I know this a big case...and you want this promotion...and...”  Her words strung together without pause.  She was a scared little rabbit caught, naked, in his snare.  He smiled wickedly and raised an eyebrow.

“What am I going to do with you, Stella?”

“I don’t know, Detective...what are you going to do?”

“Fuck you both, I imagine.  And then go back to work.”  Her eyes widened and then a look of utter confusion took her face captive.

“Get out of the shower, Stella.  Introduce me to your friend.  I don’t have a lot of time...I’m expected in Chief Johnson’s office at six.”

Stella walked toward the door and reached for the towel on the hook.  He grabbed her hand to stop her.

“I like you wet.”

Keeping her wrist in his grasp, he pulled her out to the bedroom.  A charmingly young man, with shoulder length blond hair and newly burgeoning muscles was falling all over himself trying to pull on his black slacks,while trying to run at the same time.  The look of terror on his face was priceless, and enticing.

Greg loved taking control of a scene.




2 comments:

  1. Sweet . . . two men . . . twice the fun . . . about time. Loved your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my my... nothing like a third to spice things up! I was expecting the lump to be their dog! Great take! So fun FFFing with you!

    ReplyDelete