Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sex in the Alcove

Heels clicking erratically
on the cold, uneven sidewalk,

you guided me
-our arms linked-
towards the next bar.

Passing the recessed entryway
to the Department of
Health and Human Services,

I suggested, jokingly,
that we fuck
beneath the flickering naked bulb
in the alcove.

I giggled, girlishly--
a tease.
But, you pushed me
toward
the glowing grotto.

I wriggled out of your grasp,
and we moved on.

Every time I pass that
enclosed entrance,
I am reminded
of the possibility.



The Wicked Wednesday prompt this week was "?+?=?".  My interpretation is "Alcohol + Desire = Stupid Sexual Suggestions".  Seriously, I've said it before, I live in one of those communities and have one of those jobs where every public thing I do is under scrutiny.  I can only imagine the scandal that would blossom if I were to be arrested for public indecency.  And even though I really am too chicken to have sex in a public place, the allure of the possibility of being caught exists in the back of my psyche.



This is also a continuation of the TMI Tuesday Bonus Question:  "Tell us about a time you were tempted.  Did you give in or resist?"  As you can see, I resisted.  But, I smile every time I pass that alcove, even though it looks suspiciously like has often been used as a prime choice for drunken urination.  Ew.  Noticing that not only usually wipes the dirty little smile off my face, but it also makes me glad that I didn't ever press my naked ass up against that cold, metal door.  Some things are better left to the imagination.

6 comments:

  1. I have places like that which make me smile when I walk past them or see them. They bring back some interesting memories!

    I love the way you have done this.

    ~Mia~

    PS - in case you didn't see my tweet from 4th March you may like to check out my blog post from the same date. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mia! I'm honored to have been nominated by you! xox

      Delete
  2. Oh see I have the same fantasies. However I think I would probably do it given the right circumstances

    ReplyDelete
  3. Public sex... something I would love to do too, but I just don't have the guts for it.

    Nice use of the prompt :)

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be worried about a homeless person coming up and messing up the experience, if it where me. Great post it will make me look around town for places that I could have sex. This is going to be fun.

    http://www.deegesbed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a few secret liaisons I've had in places people would never suspect, and the same smile always crosses my face whenever I see them in the warm light of day.

    Thanks for posting!

    Cheers,
    Octavia

    ReplyDelete