Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wicked Wednesday: "Change"


This week’s Wicked Wednesday prompt is:





Age 10

Standing at the edge of the empty playground,
she whispered in my ear,
"He says you give him a boner."
I asked her what "a boner" was.
She said I made him "hard."
I asked her what that meant.
Her explanation caused roses to
bloom up the sides of my neck.

Age 13

We stood facing each other,
though I was at least 3 inches taller.
The only thought in my head was
"Please don't let our braces lock."

Age 16

He came all over the backseat of
my mother's car.
I spent 20 minutes at the carwash
trying to erase it.

Age 19

I laid a towel on the floor
and we made a bloody mess of it.

Age 20

Her black curls and
freckled cheeks
tightened my thighs
and made me question
my intentions.

Age 23


I was already bored,
but I was sure it was love.
I'd never known a man
to want it less than I could.

Age 27

I met my match.

Age 28

He asked me what I thought
about the prospect of
a threesome.
I giggled.
Uncomfortably.

Age 29

He asked me what I thought
about the prospect of
swinging.
I cried.

Age 30

We went to a club,
left our clothing and
our inhibitions
in the locker room.
Naked,
we ascended the stairs to
a red velvet wonderland of
curtained beds,
writhing bodies,
and moaning lovers.

Age 31

I checked the box.
"Bi-curious."
I checked the box.
"Bi-sexual."

Age 3__

I sit next to him on the couch,
our laptop screens glowing like two eyes,
showing us whatever version of
the world we seek.
I write a poem about sexual identity.
He researches the election.

My poem could suck.
The guy we didn't want could win.

We'll still have sex.
And that's the beauty of it.







8 comments:

  1. Great synopsis of a sexual awakening and journey! Always best when supported by a partner :)

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem... left me wondering about some of the emotions you had during your journey.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! A quick glance into a woman's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to give us a glimpse into, what I presume, is your sexual journey!

    Rebel xox

    PS: Welcome to Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you have done this!!!

    ~Mia~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I love this.. the only difference for me was I broached the swinging thing. Just finding you from wicked wednesday and will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gave me goosebumps..

    A beautiful way to express a journey. Light, honest & refreshing. Very much looking forward to reading more of your Wicked Wednesdays!

    Pea ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete